[ferret_users] time dimension error?

I'm getting an unusual error with a time dimension within Ferret V6.0

***
yes? use file.nc
 *** NOTE: Units on axis "lev" are not recognized: sigma_level
 *** NOTE: They will not be convertible:
 *** NOTE: minutes since 2007-05-08 12:00:00:
"unitsSINCEsinceyyyymmddhhmmss -4713DAYDAYS sin" in netCDF variable:
time
 Maximum characters:   48
 *** NOTE: cannot parse "units since date", date= "inceyyyymmddhhmmss
-4713DAYDAYS sin" in netCDF variable: time"; leaving units string
yes?
***

When I undertake a ncdump on the file, the time attribute appears to be
fine, and there doesn't appear to be any additional gremlins in the
file..

***
> ncdump -h file.nc
float time(time) ;
                time:units = "minutes since 2007-05-08 12:00:00" ;
***

Is someone aware of this as a possible error in the V6.0 release?
***
> ferret
        NOAA/PMEL TMAP
        FERRET v6
        Linux(g77) 2.4.21-32 - 08/23/06
         9-May-07 13:04
***

I'd appreciate any input from people who can diagnose the problem here..

Thanks,

Paul