[ferret_users] Irregular Grid data Plot on ferret?

Dear ferreters,

I know Ferret can deal with grided data (for finite difference method) and it always works perfectly.
However, after searching on the mail archives and UserGuide.
Irregular dataset(like finite element method) seems only can be plotted by Regriding process(like objective analysis).
I try with "3-arguments shade (even vector)", and Ferret tells if the dataset is not define as 2D, this won't work.

file/var=lon,lat,tmp test.dat
shade tmp,lon,lat

test.dat contains 3 columns data which define each element node location and the property to plot (shade).
Is it possible to "shade" or "vector" on irregular grid?

Sincerely, Dan