Re: [ferret_users] Thickening the axis frame and annotation

Hi Lee,
         By default, the axis lines and its labels will be in thin
black. This behaviour can be changed by issuing a "ppl pen" command,
before the plot/fill/shade command, as follows :

        yes? ppl pen 0, 7

Here 0 refers to the pen number, using which the axis line and labels
are drawn, and 7 is the new pen number (thick black, you can also try
13). However, as you must have figured out already, thicker lines on
screen may not be thicker on output ps/pdf files. The trick is to
use linux command "sed" to increase the thickness in ps file as
follows :

 Suppose, you have used pen number 7, then the corresponding line weight
in ps file will be 2. And if the pen number is 13, the line weight in
ps file will be 3. Now, according to the pen number used you can increase
the line weight in ps file, within a Ferret sessin as:

 yes?  sp Fprint -p portrait -l cps -R -o d1.ps metafile.plt
 yes?  sp sed -e 's/2.000000 lw/6.000000 lw/g' d1.ps > output.ps

Here the line weight 2 is changed to 6, which is a reasonably good
thickness on ps plots.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Jaison