Re: [ferret_users] Custom graticule colors and between-line spaces

Hi Paulo,
You can change a couple of the standard line colors to the ones you want, and use the /GRATICULE command as follows to get different colors.  This is assuming your plot uses only a few colors for plotting the data. Here it sounds as if you use only one color to plot wind speed.  Here is an example.  I hope somebody else will jump in if you need more help with the time axis settings, to get your tic marks at 6 hours and 1 day as you want.
yes? use etopo60
yes? ppl color,5,40,40,40 ! redefine line 5 to be dark gray
yes? ppl color,6,80,80,80 ! redefine line 6 to be light gray

yes? ppl axnmtc,2,2  ! set 2  small tics between the large ones.

yes? shade/grat="large(dash,color=5),small(dash,color=6)"/Y=0/color=red rose
Ansley

Paulo Henrique wrote:
Hi Ferreters,

I have a plot of wind speed for some days and I would like to add dashed
light gray graticules for each 6 hours and dashed dark gray graticules
for each day (only vertical, not horizontal lines) in plot background.

Any help is welcome!

Thanks in advance.

--
Paulo Henrique Santiago de Maria