Re: [ferret_users] Limit of memory allocation

Hi Hiroyuki,

The memory limit for an executable can be enhanced, using the
LDR_CNTRL environment variable. This applies for the
IBM-UNIX called AIX. But possibly
something like this works also for your Mac. (xlf is also the
native AIX FORTRAN compiler ...)

The ferret for AIX has very low memory limits. However, the
following works:

Korn shell
export LDR_CNTRL=MAXDATA=0xD0000000@DSA

C shell
setenv LDR_CNTRL MAXDATA=0xD0000000@DSA

Starting ferret now, allows for more memory. I still cannot
read files > 2G, but I think, this is because the netcdf
library is not ready to do so.

I do not know, how to set environment variables for the Mac OS,
but possibly this information helps.

Greetings,
Martin