Re: [ferret_users] 'default' color palette

If you type the Unix command

 > Fpalette default

it'll return a list of the location and names of the palette files that match "default". (or, say, "Fpalette red" will return palettes whose names contain the sequence of letters "red".)

The palette files are in a directory that's pointed to by the environment variable FER_PALETTE, so

> printenv FER_PALETTE

will also return the location of the palettes.

Paul Young wrote:
The palette file will be in ppl/ directory of your ferret installation.
For me, the path of the default palette is:

	/opt/ferret5.81/ppl/rainbow.spk

but ask whoever made the installation whereabouts all the ferret files
are kept. The ppl/ directory also contains all of the other palette
files (*.spk) that ferret uses.

Hope this helps,

Paul