Re: [ferret_users] pseudo dataset name

Hi David -

Use symbolic links:

sp ln -s /path/name/directory_one/dataset.cdf dataset1.cdf
sp ln -s /path/name/directory_two/dataset.cdf dataset2.cdf

use dataset1.cdf
use dataset2.cdf

plot variable[dataset1],variable[dataset2]

As was discussed here only a few months ago, you can also use this method to deal with long path names:

sp ln -s /very/long/path/including/many/subdirectories/filename.cdf temp_name.cdf
use temp_name.cdf
..... work with the file .....
sp rm temp_name.cdf   ! clean-up after use

Billy K