Re: [ferret_users] pseudo dataset name

Hi David,
           As far as I know, the dataset name cannot be reassigned by
user in a Ferret Session. This problem has been discussed in the mailing
list and here is a summary plus relevant links :

1. Use symbolic links (Suggested by Billy) :

   http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/Mail_Archives/fu_2006/msg00784.html

2. Use Descriptor files, with unique names (Suggested by Jaison) :

   http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/Mail_Archives/fu_2006/msg00787.html

3. Use a combination of dsetpath/dsetnum (Suggested by Ansley) :

   http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/Mail_Archives/fu_2006/msg00789.html

4. Use/Define unique internal variables (Suggested by Jaison) :

   http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/Mail_Archives/fu_2007/msg00177.html

Please have a look at these solutions and see which one is suitable for
your need. If you have any problems with any of these methods, please let
me know.

Regards,

Jaison