[ferret_users] Converting velocity from B grid to C grid

Hi All:

I am trying to convert velocity from B grid (MOM4 output) to C grid. I use simple average

U_c(i,j)= (U_b(i,j-1) + U_b(i,j))/2
V_c(i,j)= (V_b(i-1,j) + V_b(i,j))/2

(Ryo Furue has a nice diagram to explain the conversion in his email reply. Please see the link
http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/Mail_Archives/fu_2005/msg00597.html )

I have no problem in the interior of the model domain. However, at the land boundaries, I'd like to set the normal velocity at the boundary to be 0, and the gradient of the tangential velocity to be 0. Since my simulation is in a real ocean with complicated 3D land mask, it could get a bit complicated near the land mask in the interior ocean. I wonder if anyone
has done this before and has some codes to share.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Zhen

content by GMAO's MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.