[ferret_users] Ferret 5.70 Palette error

All-
I tried to plot some data using the attached grayscale file. When I do this I get the following to work:
set mode metafile:plot.plt
commands
cancel mode metafile

sp Fprint -o plot.ps plot.plt

However, when using this command, it fails with an error from ghostscript:
sp convert plot.ps plot.eps

Yet I cannot view the result of the Fprint command.

So I tried without specifying a palette. Everything worked just fine. So, Have I done something wrong in the grayscale.spk (attached) file?

Any advice, ideas are welcome. Thanks

--
James Correia Jr.
Ph.D. Candidate in Agricultural Meteorology

"Wisdom. Strength. Courage. Generosity. Each of us are born with one of
these. We must find the other three inside of us."
from "Into the West"

"What have you lost? Control? It was an illusion ... you only thought you
had it! What have you lost?    *My illusions.*"
-From the movie "Instinct"
    0.0  100.0  100.0  100.0
   10.0   95.0   95.0   95.0
   20.0   90.0   90.0   90.0