Re: [ferret_users] OPeNDAP/netCDF Error code 27

Hi Jimmy
Ferret v6.0 was linked with OPeNDAP/netCDF libraries which unfortunately lost us the ability to read those extra- large files. The ones we used in Ferret 5.81 were able to do large-file access, but lacked other features we wanted to implement. We are working now to link with even more recent versions of these libraries and I hope to release a new Ferret soon with all of the features that we want.
Ansley

jimmyc@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi-
I am also getting the error code 27 when opening a large netcdf file. I am using WRF model data which could be read by Ferret 5.70 without any trouble.

Are large files a problem or did the netcdf reader in Ferret change?

Thanks
jimmyc