RE: [ferret_users] set a single point to be zero

Hi Jaci,
         Well, specifying i and j alone works fine for me (with
Ferret versions 5.53, 5.80 and 6.00).

     use levitus_climatology
     let temp0 = IF I EQ 40 AND J EQ 100 THEN 0 ELSE temp
     list/k=1/i=40/j=100 temp, temp0
                 DATA SET: /home/DATA/fer_dsets/data/levitus_climatology.cdf
                 LONGITUDE: 59.5E
                 LATITUDE: 9.5N
                 DEPTH (m): 0
      Column  1: TEMP is TEMPERATURE (DEG C)
      Column  2: TEMP0 is IF I EQ 40 AND J EQ 100 THEN 0 ELSE TEMP
                 TEMP   TEMP0
      I / *:     27.60  0.0000

However, you can also set the default grid for a session by using
"SET GRID" command. You can set the grid using either a variable
name

       set grid variablename[d=1]

or by using exact grid name from a ferret session

       use levitus_climatology
       show grid temp
       set grid GMS1

Please have a look at section 'Ref Sec31.5.  SET GRID' of user manual
for more details. User manual recommends this command to "Specify the
default grid for abstract expressions".

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Jaison