Re: [ferret_users] can not read two ascii files

Hi Addisu -

Ferret allows the use of several data sets with variables that might have the exact same name (for example if you have two runs of a model, both might have the variable "u"). Thus, if more than one data set is brought in, the variables must be identified by data set name as well as variable name.

plot/d=1 first

or

plot first[d=1]

or

plot/d=file1 first

or suppose you have several data sets and want to plot an overlay:

plot first[d=1],second[d=2],third[d=3]

Billy K