[ferret_users] order of transformations

Hello,

Do transformations in FERRET have their hierarchy w. r. t. the order of operations? For example, I issued

yes? plot theta[y=2s:2n@ave,t=@ave,z=0:500@loc:20]

thinking it would do the meridional and temporal averages and then find the 20 C isotherm depth along the equator. But I found what it actually did was to calculate Z20 first and then average the resulting depth map meridionally and temporally.

One can always define an extra variable storing the averaged temperature field to achieve the first goal. But I'm simply curious if FERRET allows users to change the order of operations in a multi-transformation command.

Thanks,
David