Re: [ferret_users] grid offset?

Hi Jonathan,
I haven't seen anything like this. Do the data that are now showing up as white have a value of 0, or are they missing? Are the values close to 0? (as a test, try it with a different palette, rather than light_centered, and see how it compares.) Often for debugging strange behavior, the SHADE command is useful, to see what the grid cells have in them. Try your script with SHADE substituted for FILL.

Do you see anything unusual if you plot the fields separately

shade var_sim[i=6:33,j=6:33]
shade var_obs[i=6:33,j=6:33]
shade x_page[i=6:33,j=6:33]
shade y_page[i=6:33,j=6:33]

I'm a little confused by the way you're setting the subset in I and J. Does it make any difference if you set the region explicitly as follows

let diff = var_sim-var_obs
fill/level=(-10,10,1)/pal=light_centered/nolabel/set diff[i=6:33,j=6:33],x_page[i=6:33,j=6:33],y_page[i=6:33,j=6:33]
ppl shakey ,,,,,,,,1.40,5.25; ppl fill

Jonathan Winter wrote:
One of the scripts I use doesn't work correctly ferret v6.  Basically
the left most column and bottom row come out as white, so I get a row of
white on the left and bottom edge of my plots.  Running the exact same
script in ferret v5.80, it works fine.  It's a custom grid read in from
a file, so the plotting commands looks like:

let diff = var_sim[i=6:33,j=6:33]-var_obs[i=6:33,j=6:33]
fill/level=(-10,10,1)/pal=light_centered/nolabel/set diff,x_page,y_page
ppl shakey ,,,,,,,,1.40,5.25; ppl fill
go mp_land_proj 1 " " 1 1

When I list diff, x_page, and y_page they're all 28x28.

Any idea why this is happening?  Did some protocol change between the
two versions?  Thanks for the help.

jonathan

--

Ansley Manke, NOAA/PMEL   ansley.b.manke@xxxxxxxx