Re: [ferret_users] what is ferret's limit to the full path name for a netCDF data set

Hi Janeen -

Whatever the path-length might be, you can always circumvent this problem by using unix soft-links:

sp ln -s /very/long/path/including/many/subdirectories/filename.cdf temp_name.cdf
use temp_name.cdf
..... work with the file .....
sp rm temp_name.cdf   ! clean-up after use

Don't forget the -s option! (symbolic link). Otherwise rm will remove the actual file!

Billy K