Re: [ferret_users] OPeNDAP/netCDF Error code -36

Hi Carl, Paulo,
Carl, Paulo is getting the errors when looking at the data via Ferret. Paulo, I am not seeing these errors with Ferret v6.0. The correct reference to it is the first one you list. I have been successful opening the data myself:

yes? use
"http://dods.jpl.nasa.gov/dods-bin/nph-hdf/pub/ocean_wind/quikscat/L3/data/2006/QS_XWGRD3_2006058.20062531612.gz";

yes? show data
    currently SET data sets:
1> http://dods.jpl.nasa.gov/dods-bin/nph-hdf/pub/ocean_wind/quikscat/L3/data/2006/QS_XWGRD3_2006058.20062531612.gz (default)
name     title                             I         J         K         L
ASC_AVG_WIND_SPEED
         asc_avg_wind_speed               1:1440    1:720     ...       ...
DES_AVG_WIND_SPEED
         des_avg_wind_speed               1:1440    1:720     ...       ...

yes? SHADE ASC_AVG_WIND_SPEED[i=1:1440:20,j=1:720:10]

NetCDF error code 1001 is "unknown error" so that doesn't give us much to go on. Have you tried using your browser to look at the links Carl points to, the html, das, or dds?

Carl Wolfteich wrote:
Paulo,

I'm not having any problem with this link in bringing up the query form:

http://dods.jpl.nasa.gov/dods-bin/nph-hdf/pub/ocean_wind/quikscat/L3/data/2006/QS_XWGRD3_2006058.20062531612.gz.html

I'm wondering what kind of browser you are using and whether you also get errors in bringing up the dds or das, that is:

http://dods.jpl.nasa.gov/dods-bin/nph-hdf/pub/ocean_wind/quikscat/L3/data/2006/QS_XWGRD3_2006058.20062531612.gz.das

or

http://dods.jpl.nasa.gov/dods-bin/nph-hdf/pub/ocean_wind/quikscat/L3/data/2006/QS_XWGRD3_2006058.20062531612.gz.dds

Are these a problem too, or is just in loading the html?

I have no problem loading these in Safari, Mozilla or IE. Are you using one of these?

Carl

Paulo B. Oliveira wrote:

Thanks Carl to point out the gross error, however I still have problems.
Error code now is 1001....

! NOAA/PMEL TMAP
! FERRET v6
! Linux(g77) 2.4.21-32 - 08/23/06
! 31-Jan-07 15:59

use
"http://dods.jpl.nasa.gov/dods-bin/nph-hdf/pub/ocean_wind/quikscat/L3/data/2006/QS_XWGRD3_2006058.20062531612.gz";
**netCDF error
            OPeND(OPeNDAP/netCDF Error code 1001)
            Data set:
http://dods.jpl.nasa.gov/dods-bin/nph-hdf/pub/ocean_wind/quikscat/L3/data/2006/QS_XWGRD3_2006058.20062531612.gz
SET DAT/FORM=CDF
"http://dods.jpl.nasa.gov/dods-bin/nph-hdf/pub/ocean_wind/quikscat/L3/data/2006/QS_XWGRD3_2006058.20062531612.gz";
Command file, command group, or REPEAT execution aborted

===== **** with html:

yes? use
"http://dods.jpl.nasa.gov/dods-bin/nph-hdf/pub/ocean_wind/quikscat/L3/data/2006/QS_XWGRD3_2006058.20062531612.gz.html";
**netCDF error