[ferret_users] multiple regridding

Ferreters-
I have ageneral question concerning how to plot model data with a time axis much finer than the observations, but overlay them on the same plot.

I was using this method with the model:
cancel mode calendar
define axis/t=0:24:0.25/units=hours  tax1
define grid/t=tax1  tgrd1
ppl txtype,hours,min
ppl txlabp,-1,-1
ppl txlint,0,24

plot var[...,gt=tgrd1@asn]

plot/over obs[...,gt=tgrd1@xact]

The model has 97 output times, whereas the observations has 25 over the exact same time period. The model output is every 15 minutes while the observations are every hour. This means I want to plot the observations on the time axis spreading them every fourth point.

How can I get the observations to overlay on the same plot as the model using a courser time grid? It appears that @xact is what I should use.
However my time axis is 1:97 fo rthe model and 1:25 for the observations.
Thanks for any insight.
--
James Correia Jr.
Ph.D. Candidate in Agricultural Meteorology

"Wisdom. Strength. Courage. Generosity. Each of us are born with one of
these. We must find the other three inside of us."
from "Into the West"