Re: [ferret_users] lines at grid boundries

Hi Ashley,
There are a few ways to do this kind of thing. 1) To make graticule lines across the plot, located at the tic marks of any plot, use the /graticule qualifier on your plot command.

  yes? SHADE/GRATICULE var

The Users Guide has more on this qualifier, which can be made so that you control the horizontal and vertical graticules separately, and choose the color and style of the lines drawn. Look under the plot commands SHADE, PLOT, etc.

2) To plot the grid coordinate locations there is a family of scripts gratxy.jnl, gratxz.jnl, etc which draw lines at the (X,Y) or (X,Z), etc coordinate locations. See how these scripts work by typing

  yes? go/help  gratxy.jnl

Notice how the script sets specific levels and uses a CONTOUR command to draw the lines; you might want to make your own version of the script and change how the levels are specified if your coordinates are located somewhere else than integer values.

3) Also, check the script gridlines.jnl which allows you to specify a delta value in units of the coordinates, and will draw dashed lines at the specified locations.

  yes? go/help gridlines.jnl

Ansley

Ashley Watson wrote:
Hi ferreters,

I am trying to draw lines that separate grid boxes. For example, I have plotted the variable "rose" for selected region.

yes? use etopo20
yes? set reg/X=108E:112E/Y=3N:5N
yes? shade Rose

How can I draw graticule exactly at grid boundries on this plot.

Regards

Ashley

--

Ansley Manke, NOAA/PMEL   ansley.b.manke@xxxxxxxx