Re: [ferret_users] Problems with longitude

Dear coleagues,

Thank you very much for your support.

The command line "set axis/modulo `temperature,return=xaxis`" solved the
problem.

The guys from Met Office UK are reprocessing and replacing the netcdf files.
The new ones don't have that problem.

Thanks again!

Best regards,

Alex

On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 09:12:38 -0800, Ansley Manke wrote
> Luiz, as Steve says, Ferret should treat the longitude axis is a
> modulo axis regardless of how it is set  in the file, as long as it
> has units of degrees. This is the case if you are using Ferret
> version 5.5 or higher. If the longitude axis of the data is not
> marked as modulo, you can tell Ferret to treat it as a modulo axis
> anyway. If the file is filename.nc and the SST variable is called
> sst, then the syntax would be
>
>     yes? set data filename.nc
>     yes? set axis/modulo `sst,return=xaxis`
>
> And then you should be able to plot  over a different region.
>
> Here are some more commands to use to try to understand what is
> happening with the data. See SHOW GRID and SHOW AXIS in the Users
> Guide. After the SET DATA command,
>
>    yes? show grid sst
>    yes? show axis xaxisname   ! using the x axis name in the grid.
>
> If the axis in the data set is incorrect, you can redefine the axis
> using SET AXIS commands, or define a new correct axis and regrid the
> data to your new axis with the @ASN regridding transformation.
>
> Ansley
>
> Luiz Alexandre de Araujo Guerra wrote:
> > Dear coleagues,
> >
> > I'm trying to do a plot using OSTIA L4 SST satellite data
> > (http://ghrsst-pp.metoffice.com/data/OSTIA/index.htm) before April 2006
from
> > longitude 65W to 20E. The problem is: the longitude axis stops on
Greenwich.

--
Luiz Alexandre de Araujo Guerra
Aluno de Doutorado