[ferret_users] Is ferret able to output variables without converting to uppercase

Hello All,

I'm using the list command in a Ferret script to write out a variable to a NetCDF file. The variable name is an input parameter to the script and consists of upper and lower case characters. The script re-grids the variable onto a different axis, then writes out the variable+suffix to the output NetCDF file. In writing the re-gridded variable out, the variable name is converted to all uppercase characters plus my suffix.

Does anyone know if there is a way to instruct Ferret not to change the case of the variable name? I'm using FERRET v5.80

Cheers!

Janeen