Re: [ferret_users] loop/i=1:n ( compute(i) & save netCDF(i) )

Hi Billy,

| I think ZAXREPLACE is exactly what you need. ZAXREPLACE functions
| like a generalization of @weq for converting quantities on a z-axis
| to another monotonic axis (typically density).
|
| See if this works:
|
| define axis/z=2:32:.1 tempax   ! to encompass the full range of
|                                  temperatures at the desired resolution
| let pv_iso = zaxreplace(pv,temp,z[gz=tempax])
| save/file=pv_iso.nc pv_iso

What?  That simple?---Let's see . . . Wow, it works!

Maybe it would be nice if there were cross references between
ZAXREPLACE and @WEQ, in "Ch3 Sec2.4.27. @WEQ . . ." of the manual
for example, because isopycnal maps are an important application
of ZAXREPLACE and @WEQ.

Thank you for the help, Billy!

Ryo