[ferret_users] Re: [Ferret_users] Error in creating a metafile.plt

Hi Dr. Tiwari,

From the email archive, I found that you have encountered the similar problem as mine. That is:

The gksm2ps function works well in my former WinXP. But after I changed to a new machine (WinXP), the metafile created is with size of 0 KB and an error appears:

cancel mode metafile
sp gksm2ps -o ck.eps -p portrait metafile.plt
gopenws()   26 Specified workstation cannot be opened
Error 1 opening GKS metafile metafile.plt -- file not found

Could you please tell me how you solved it?

Thank you very much,
Jian

Jian Ma

Ph.D. Student