Re: [ferret_users] Problems with longitude

Hi Luiz,

In Ferret-speak the essence of the problem you've described is that Ferret is not recognizing that you have a "modulo" longitude axis. Recent versions of Ferret should recognize this automatically, even if the modulo attribute is missing from the longitude axis of the netCDF file.  Hence we need more information in order to diagnose the problem:
  • the ncdump -h output of the file (laziness has prevented me from downloading an example file :-[ )
  • the version of Ferret you are using
  • specific Ferret commands that illustrate the problem
    - Steve

Luiz Alexandre de Araujo Guerra wrote:
Dear coleagues,

I'm trying to do a plot using OSTIA L4 SST satellite data
(http://ghrsst-pp.metoffice.com/data/OSTIA/index.htm) before April 2006 from
longitude 65W to 20E. The problem is: the longitude axis stops on Greenwich.
The newer files don't have this issue. I've already tried the following:
- to plot using the indexes and adding 360 degrees multiples; and
- regrid the variable
... but the result is always the same. It stops on Greenwich (for the first
method) or show the message "No valid data" (for the second one).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve Hankin, NOAA/PMEL -- Steven.C.Hankin@noaa.gov
7600 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA 98115-0070
ph. (206) 526-6080, FAX (206) 526-6744