[ferret_users] any existing algorithms to convert from rectangular to square grids?

Hello All,

Sorry if this is a duplicate. I sent this in, inadvertently before I had subscribed. But the e-mail did not bounce so I don't know if this has been posted or not.

I'm a mostly inexperienced ferret user. I have a task in which I must convert a netCdf .nc files, which contains rectangular lat/long grids cells to square grid cells. The rectangular cells are sometimes regular sometimes variably sized. I think ferret may be able to accomplish this. If I read the file into ferret, with the rectangular spacing, can I then just print it back out, specifying the square spacing between the points. Is this something that ferret can handle? Or must I specify some sort of transformation function in order to get the correct values for the data at the new points I want to print out.
If anyone has done this before and would be willing to share their experience that would be great.

Cheers!

Janeen