[ferret_users] terminating infinite loop

Dear ferreters,
          Can any one tell me how to kill a process in ferret without quiting ferret. For example, I list an abstract axis

yes? list K
             VARIABLE : K
                        axis ABSTRACT
             SUBSET   : 9999999 points (Z)
 1          /        1:  1.000E+00
 2          /        2:  2.000E+00
 3          /        3:  3.000E+00
 4          /        4:  4.000E+00
 5          /        5:  5.000E+00
 6          /        6:  6.000E+00
 7          /        7:  7.000E+00
 ........upto 9999999 points..

Is there anyway to stop this  before displaying all 99999999 values. My second question is about alias. I define an alias in ferret. Is there any way to make this
alias permanent so that I can use that alias whenever I use ferret.

Ashley