RE: [ferret_users] save u wind at 850mb

Hi Yun,
        Dealing with irregular axes is tricky. Please go through
the following mail and sections in user manual, which will help
to solve your problem.

This mail from Ansley discusses about the fix for a similar
problem (please note that there the error message poped up while
"APPEND"ing data, but i think a similar method can solve your
problem too) :

http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/Mail_Archives/fu_2003/msg00136.html

User Manual contains very nice descriptions about irregular axes,
and writing out data to NetCDF files :

  irregular axis     :  Ch10 Sec3.5.3.  Unevenly spaced coordinates
  SAVE               :  Ref Sec17.  LIST
  /HEADING=ENHANCED  :    "
  /RIGID             :    "
  /LIST/BOUNDS       :    "
  /LIST/EDGES        :    "

Please note that most of the time you can find a solution to your
problem from FAQ or mail archives. Use the "Search the Archives" link
at the Ferret archives page, with proper key words to see earlier
postings which discusses about similar problems. On FAQ page you can
use your browsers "search" tool (though it didn't show anything for
your current question). A similar search in the user manual will
always help you to understand what is exactly done by ferret with a
particular command or qualifier or the reason for an error message.
The relevant links are here :

http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/Mail_Archives/ferret_mail_archives.html
http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/FAQ/ferret_FAQ.html
http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/Documentation/ferret_documentation.html