Re: [ferret_users] Trend in time series

Hi Nikesh,
            This "trend" stuff is well documented. Please look the the
following FAQ about Computing least squares, regressions, detrending
data:

http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/FAQ/analysis/regressions.html

Here is a nice example for plotting the trend (posted by Ansley).

http://www.ferret.noaa.gov/Ferret/Mail_Archives/fu_2004/msg00247.html

Please note that most of the time you can find a solution to your
problem from FAQ or mail archives. Use the "Search the Archives" link
at the Ferret archives page, with proper key words to see earlier
postings which discusses about similar problems. Also the Ch1 Sec5.2.
GO tools in Ferret user manual contains a list of useful go tool
available with Ferret. The relevant links are here :

http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/Mail_Archives/ferret_mail_archives.html
http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/FAQ/ferret_FAQ.html

Hope this helps,

Jaison