[ferret_users] Playing with symbols across scripts

I've got a whole slew of plots I'm trying to make, using subscripts for the actual plotting commands, and with a separate script that creates the first plot, with the remainder following. Basically:

go plot_original original
go plot_altered field1
go plot_altered field2
[...]
go plot_altered fieldn

In 'plot_original', I let FERRET pick the contour levels, and then I attempt to retrieve those values via setting some symbols to $LEV_MIN, $LEV_MAX, and $LEV_DEL, for use in the 'plot_altered' scripts. However, when FERRET decides $LEV_DEL is "IRREGULAR", my scripts fall apart.

Is there an easier way to force the same contouring levels to be used across scripts (rather than stuffing them into some giant hard-to- handle script) that doesn't require my pre-computing "good" values and passing them along?

Thanks.

Gary Strand
strandwg@ucar.edu
http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/ccr/strandwg