RE: [ferret_users] saving from a descriptor file

Hi Jaclyn,
           In the repeat command, you have to use "grave accents" like
/L=`L` (not single quotes "'" but "`"). Then the repeat stuff will
work without any error.

   Please note that the regridding to a new time axis does not mean
that you got the data correctly. If there is an error from in the
descriptor file time axis, you will carry over that error in all the
write-outs from Ferret. So check whether the descriptor file time axis
is correct. You can do this by making a plot or listing the time axis
values as

    set data mydata.des
    list/l=1:122 t[gt=myvariable]

  Without knowing the exact error messages that you received, it is
difficult to deduce what is happening with your data. If it is the
memory problem, you can increase the memory within Ferret session as

    set memory/size=500mb

 or starting ferret with more memory cache as

    [user@machine]$ ferret -memsize 500mb

Hope this helps,

Jaison