Re: [ferret_users] [Ferret] white space remains when converting .epsifile to pdf

Hi Zhen,
         Open your ps file in "gv" (ghost view), place the cursor
on the figure corners..then you will see some numbers in the 3rd
small box on the left column. Then open the ps file in a text editor
(like emacs or vim), on the 5th line you can see something like this
"BoundingBox:  18 22 593 770". Now according to the numerical values
appearing in the small box in gv, correct the entries in ps file
against this "bounding box".....then use ps2epsi to get eps and
epstopdf to get a pdf.....

 Rules for editing bounding box :

   1. Leftern edge of the page corresponds to  x=0
   2. bottom  edge of the page corresponds to  y=0
   3. GV displays numerical values in the format "X x Y"
   4. Bounding Box entries are in the order
           X_left, Y_bottom, X_right, Y_top

 Basically you can get X_left and Y_bottom by placing the cursor
at the bottom-left corner of the plot and X_right & Y_top by
placing the cursor at the top-right corner of the plot (here plot
means the area without the white space).

Let me know if you have any difficulties,

Regards,

Jaison