Re: [ferret_users] view angle

Hi Xiaoyi,
Ferret doesn't really have tools for projecting data from 3D to two. The only 3-D visualization command is the "wire" command for showing a function of a 2-D field

yes? go wire_frame_demo

We also have an external function to allow you to write data in the Vis5D format for use in that tool. See WRITE5D in the Users Guide. This function is several years old and may be out of date with respect to current versions of Vis5D, but the function would be a starting place for any users interested to write a new function to do a similar thing, writing data to the form required for a visualization tool outside of Ferret.

Ansley

Xiaoyi Sun wrote:
Hi

I would like to know whether I could change the view angle of my plots
in ferret? So the plot might have some 3D feature.
--

Ansley Manke, NOAA/PMEL ansley.b.manke@noaa.gov