Re: [ferret_users] remove zero from x-axis

Hi Jaison,
Thank you for your suggestion. This procedure basically "whites out" the 0.0, which is good but not ideally what I was looking for. There is a large gap between -1 and 1 where the "0.0" used to be and that may be interpreted wrongly when someone looks at the graph. It looks like 0.0 has values associated with it, when in reality it does not exist on my axis. I may just assign missing values to 0.0, so there is a line of white above 0.0. Any other suggestions?

Steve

Quoting Jaison Kurian <jaison@caos.iisc.ernet.in>:

Hi Steve,
         A weird solution to your problem...make a label
"0.0" exactly at the postion of X axis 0 in the background
color ! Here is an example..

For the default plot, the background color is white. So
define a new "ppl color" with values "99,99,99" (which
is better than using "100,100,100" with most of the file
formats)

 def axis/x xax={-6,-5,-4,-3,-2,-1,1,2,3,4,5,6}
 def axis/y=50:1000:50 yax

 let var =sin(x[gx=xax]) + sin(y[gy=yax])

 fill/set var
   ppl xfor (f4.1)
 ppl fill
 ppl color 6,99,99,99
 label 0,0,0,0,0.10,@C0060.0  ! no space between "@C006" and "0.0"

You may have to tune the "Y" value for label to get it at right
position.

Hope this helps,

Jaison