Re: [ferret_users] remove zero from x-axis

Hi Steve,

The DEFINE AXIS command defines the coordinate axis of your data -- the locations of data points.  It does not describe the appearance of a physical axis drawn on a plot.

See "Chapter 6: CUSTOMIZING PLOTS -- 3. Axes" in the Ferret Users Guide at http://www.ferret.noaa.gov/Ferret/Documentation/Users_Guide/current/fer_html.htm for a discussion of customizing the axes of a  plot.  You may, however, need to resort to manual labels on your axis to get 100% control over which tic marks get labeled.

    - Steve

==================================

guimond@coaps.fsu.edu wrote:
Hi Ferreters,
 I defined an xaxis like so:

def axis/x xax={-6,-5,-4,-3,-2,-1,1,2,3,4,5,6}

When I go to plot my data, "0" still shows up on the xaxis which I would like to remove.  Any ideas?

Thanks Much,
Steve

Stephen R. Guimond
Graduate Research Assistant
Center for Ocean-Atmospheric Prediction Studies (COAPS)
Tallahassee, FL 32304