Re: [ferret_users] How can I produce a time series of JJA averages (orother intervals) from a monthly time series?

Hi All,
Jaison's exactly right, but in Ferret v6.0 we can control what attributes are written to netcdf files -- to remove an attribute that would otherwise be written, just issue a CANCEL ATTRIBUTE/OUTPUT command

yes? cancel attribute/output my_var.attributename

To see all the attributes that a variable has

yes? sho attribute/all my_var

or to see the "output" flags

yes? show attribute/all/output my_var

Ansley

Jaison Kurian wrote:
Hi Yun,
Recent versions of Ferret write two attributes for a variable
(when saved to a NetCDF file) called "long_name" and "long_name_mod"
and the extra title you complainted comes from the NetCDF attribute
"long_name_mod". This information is usefull sometimes and there is no need to worry about this. If you want to remove it from the default
plot title, then define a new variable and assign the title you want.
Or if you want to remove it from the NetCDF file, you have to use some
NetCDF editing tools....or write it first to an intermediate file, read
it back and assign a new variable name and title to it, then save to the
final destination file. As far as i know, nothing can be done while
saving data in NetCDF format from Ferret.

Also please have a look at these mails in the archive:

http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/Mail_Archives/fu_2004/msg00018.html
http://www.ferret.noaa.gov/Ferret/Mail_Archives/fu_2004/msg00667.html

Hope this helps,

Jaison