Re: [ferret_users] How can I produce a time series of JJA averages (orother intervals) from a monthly time series?

Dear Ferreters,

I am trying to produce a seasonal time series (such as JJA time series) from a monthly time series.

There is an example from the Ferret FAQ on "How can I produce a time series of annual averages (or other intervals) from a monthly time series?"

http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/FAQ/analysis/annual_from_monthly.html

I would be most grateful if you can let me know how to produce a seasonal averaged time series (such as June-July-August average time series) from a monthly time series by modifying the code used to produce annual time series in the above web page, that is,

     yes?  SET DATA monthly_navy_winds

     yes?  DEFINE AXIS/EDGES/T0=1-jan-1900/UNITS=days tann82_92 = DAYS1900(X[i=1982:1993:1],1,1)

     yes?  PLOT/X=180/Y=0 uwnd

     yes?  PLOT/X=180/Y=0/over uwnd[gt=tann82_92@ave]     ! the above plot

Thanks,

Yun Li