Re: [ferret_users] Appending time steps to netcdf file

Hello Ferreters,
Jimmy C from Iowa State University helped me untangle my problem. The answer is to use a descriptor file that basically concatenates a series of time steps into one file from multiple netCDF files. See the documentation under "descriptor file" and then sub-heading "syntax" will get you going with examples. My descriptor file worked well and I was able to then save this merged data to a new netcdf file for further work.

Thanks Much,
Steve Guimond
FSU

Quoting jimmyc@iastate.edu:

Perhaps what you want to do is to make a descriptor file.
The descriptor links the three files together without having to append them into 1 file.
I attached an example:

jimmyc