Re: [ferret_users] Announcing Ferret Version 6.0

Hi Ansley & Ferret team,
                Thanks very much for releasing the new version of
Ferret. The efforts to improve the NetCDF handling capabilities are
well appreciated.

I notice few minor problems :

  1. In Ferret download page for 32-bit Linux
        "**Important**: Linux users, Read this"  This link is not working.

  2. tar.Z files somehow got an extension of tar.tar -->  need to
        rename them before using (mv  file.tar.tar file.tar.Z). Their
        ftp link appears to be OK but the downloaded file will have the
        wrong extension as follows :

     The following three files/links in all category (64-bit Linux,
     32-bit Linux, statically linked & Sun) does have this problem :

       Ferret Executables --> fer_executables.tar.tar
       Ferret Environment --> fer_environment.tar.tar
       Ferret Datasets    --> cdf_fer_dsets.tar.tar

     The v6.0 documentation html tar file (ferv600_manual.tar.tar)
     also have the same problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Jaison