Re: [ferret_users] Defining Non-monotonic X-axis

Hi Steve,
          If you want a non-monotonic X/Y axis (more precisely, highest
value at the beginning and lowest value at the end of the axis)
only on the plot, the easy way is to use "HLIMITS" (or VLIMITS as the
case is) in a slightly different manner as shown below.

  yes? define axis/x=0:300:1 xax                ! X axis
  yes? plot/hlim=0:300:10  SIN(x[gx=xax]/70)    ! default plot

Method 1 : Now change the hlim's delta to a proper -ve number to get
            reversed X-axis on the plot.

  yes? plot/hlim=0:300:-10 SIN(x[gx=xax]/70)

Method 2 : Interchange the "hi" and "low" for hlim (delta for hlim
            can be +ve or -ve in this case)

  yes? plot/hlim=300:0:10 SIN(x[gx=xax]/70)

Hope this will solve your problem. Please note that the axis defenition
in Ferret involves only monotonic axes and axes other than Z-axis will
not handle the /DEPTH qualifier. I think the above solution will be more
appropriate than adding a "positive=down" attribute (don't sure whether
this will work in Ferret for X/Y axis) for the variable in the NetCDF file.

With Regards,

Jaison