Re: [ferret_users] long time series climate data

Hi Qunying Luo,
                 In general, there are two ways to solve your problem :
(1) Write a descriptor file so that you can open all the NetCDF files
in Ferret as a single dataset & (2) Combine individual NetCDF files to
create a bigger NetCDF file.

 To suggest a method, you have to provide little more details about your
dataset :

   1. Are the monthly files on the same Lat-Lon (XY) grid ?
   2. Does the time sampling is constant for all monthwise files
        (two times a day)
   3. How big is one months data ?
   4. How does the filenames look like (myfile1.nc, myfile2.nc.....)
   5. Are variable names consistent between the files ?

With Regards,

Jaison