[ferret_users] long time series climate data

Dear ferret users

I am a beginner of ferret. Hope to get your support!

I got some netCDF files for two time slices (1961-1990, 2065-2094). One
file comprises 1 month's data (1 sample file attached). There are 60
years. This resulted in 720 (60*12) netCDF files. The content of netCDF
files are solar radiation, maximum temperature, minimum temperature and
rainfall at a frequency of half day for a spatial area. The task I am
going to undertake is to put the daily data for these 4 variables in a
sequence order for specific locations for further analysis (for example,
to derive changes in wet/dry spells). The final dataset should be in the
following format
Year Day  Radiation  MaxT  MinT  Rainfall
1961 1    19         34    17     0
1961 2
1961 365
2094 1
2094 2
2094 365

It would be very appreciated if you could help me out on this. I have
explored the user's guide for some days and found there are too much
info and do not know where to start. I am using ferret V5.53, operating
system: Windows 2000. Other three affiliated questions associated with
these procedures are
(1) Not sure if intermediate processes needed to calculate the daily
value as there are two outputs per day
(2) How ferret handle multiple netCDF files?
(3) How to extract point based data rather than spatial data

I am looking forward to hearing from you!

Thanks with anticipation!

Sincerely yours
Qunying Luo

--
Dr.Qunying Luo
Department of Geographical and Environmental Studies
Adelaide University, AUSTRALIA 5005
Ph    : +61 8 8303 3860
Fax   : +61 8 8303 3772
e-mail: qunying.luo@adelaide.edu.au
mobile:  0413 6797 44
and contains information which may be confidential and/or
copyright.  If you are not the intended recipient please
do not read, save, forward, disclose, or copy the contents
of this email. If this email has been sent to you in error,
please notify the sender by reply email and delete this
email and any copies or links to this email completely and
immediately from your system.  No representation is made
that this email is free of viruses.  Virus scanning is