Re: [ferret_users] how to get the thicker box line?

Hi,
     You have to use "PPL PEN 0, 7" before the plot to get thick
axes and axes labels. If you are not satisfied with the thickness
of lines in PS/EPS file, you can manually increase the thickness
as shown below.

 1) increasing thickness of AXES LINES and LABELS on PLOT

       use levitus_climatology
       set reg/k=1/x=30:120/y=-30:30
       sp rm -f metafile* ; set mode meta
       PPL PEN 0, 7                       ! Make it THICK
       fill/lev=(18,30,0.5) temp
       go land 7

    The fill command will not give you a thick outer box for the
    color key. If you need it, then

      define view/xlim=0:1/ylim=0:1 v1
      define view/xlim=0:1/ylim=0:1 v2
      PPL PEN 0, 7
      set view v1 ; ppl axset 1,1,1,1
         fill/lev=(18,30,0.5)/nokey temp  ! use the same LEVELS for
      set view v2 ; ppl axset 0,0,0,0     !    shade command below
         shade/lev=(18,30,0.5)/nolab temp*0+100 ! make all temp. values
                                                !   out of "LEVELS"
         go land 7

 2) Increasing thickness in PS/EPS output

    In Ferret,

       set mode metafile
       ! make the plot and then

       cancel mode meta ; ppl clsplt
       sp Fprint -l cps -R -o d1.ps metafile.plt
       sp sed -e 's/2.000000 lw/6.000000 lw/g' d1.ps > test.ps
       sp rm -f metafile.plt d1.ps
       sp ps2epsi test.ps test.eps

     Here in d1.ps the thickness "2" is incresed to "6". Normally it
     will give nice thick lines. If you want you can increase it even
     more.

 Also see these mails in the archive, send earlier by Billy

 1) http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/Mail_Archives/fu_2002/msg00333.html
 2) http://www.ferret.noaa.gov/Ferret/Mail_Archives/fu_2005/msg00474.html

Regards,

Jaison