Re: [ferret_users] Time Axis Labeling

Hello Ferreters,
I found the answer by digging through the archives. For an answer to this see:

http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/Mail_Archives/fu_2002/msg00431.html

Basically, one can use FORTRAN format statements for the X and Y axis by typing:

yes? ppl xfor (FORTRAN FORMAT)
yes? ppl yfor (FORTRAN FORMAT)

This does the job for a time axis, too.

Steve Guimond

Quoting "Stephen R. Guimond" <guimond@coaps.fsu.edu>:

Hello,
I defined my time axis like this:

def axis/t=5:10:1/units=days taxis

and the days come out like 5.0,6.0,7.0,8.0,etc... Does anyone know the correct way to specify significant digits for days? I just want integers and not reals for days. I tried using AXNSIG like yes? ppl AXNSIG,1,2

but the command did not change my time axis.

Thanks,
Steve
Stephen R. Guimond
Graduate Research Assistant
Center for Ocean-Atmospheric Prediction Studies (COAPS)
Tallahassee, FL 32304