[ferret_users] how to calculate v*T(strfcn)

Hi ferreters,

suppose I have 3 variables v,temp,streamfunction in
one datasets as follows:

                       I      J     K    L
V (velocity)           ...    200   40   ...
T (temperature)        ...    200   40   ...
strfcn(stream function)...    200   40   ...

I want to calculate the averaged temperature along
each stream function, then try to have the averaged
temperature projected onto stream function so that the
datasets can be

                       I      J     K    L
V (velocity)           ...    200   40   ...
T_ave (temperature)    ...    200   40   ...
strfcn(stream function)...    200   40   ...

where T is replaced by T_ave which is calculated as an
averaged value on one stream function.

Another question:

how can we integrare v*T along sream function so that
we can obtain the heat transport along stream line?

Great thanks!

Yangxing