Re: [ferret_users] HYCOM output in Z coordinates

Hello Jean -

Ferret has a function that will do this automatically. See the documentation under ZAXREPLACE.

BK

On Jul 13, 2006, at 7:16 AM, jean oliveira wrote:

Hi friends,
I`m working with the HYCOM ocean model and I`d like to manage the temperature in Z coordinates. I dont know if a simple linear interpolation is the best method since a temperature represent a entire isopycnal layer. For example, suppose it has a isopycnal layer with thickness of 5 meters and temperature of 20ºC and the below isopycnal layer has a thickness of 20 meters and temperature of 18ºC and it wants to represent de temperature to each one meter. What I doing: I take the middle of the layer as the position of the temperature and then make the linear interpolation to eache meter. Mainly for those that use HYCOM and FERRET, is this the best way to represent the hycom`s output in Z coordinates? If not, how can I do a different method in the FERRET?

Thanks a lot for all

Jean