[ferret_users] How to find temperature value and its averaged value along meridionaloverturning streamfunction?

Hi ferreters,

   Suppose I have a dataset of temperature and
streamfuction in the same grid. Say they are in y and
z axis in the Atlantic Ocean. Usually we can use
ZAXREPLACE function if streamfunction were monotonic.
Unfortunately it is not. I want to calculate the
average tempature along different values of stream
function and projected back the mean temperture to
original grid (i.e.,old temperatures in each stream
function are replaced by mean temperature).

  Can anyone provide some scripts or advice?

  Thanks a lot!

  Yangxing