Re: [ferret_users] reading FORTRAN sequential access data - simplequestion

Jaison,

I looked at the examples and unfortunately the one provided doesn't address the
case I have because the FORTRAN write is imbedded inside do loops and single array elements are written with each "write". In my case, I write out the whole darn array using a single write.

In Ferret I tried:

define axis/x=1:128:1 x128
define axis/y=1:64:1 y64
define axis/z=1:19:1 z19
define grid/x=x128/y=y64/z=z19 gg
file/var=hrmean/grid=gg/type=r8/format=unf HRMEAN.sst-2Xna-ctrl-04_001_280_emean.dat

show data
currently SET data sets:
1> ./HRMEAN.sst-2Xna-ctrl-04_001_280_emean.dat (default)
name title I J K L
HRMEAN HRMEAN 1:128 1:64 1:19 ...

fill hrmean[k=19]
sfe: formatted io not allowed
apparent state: unit 62 named ./HRMEAN.sst-2Xna-ctrl-04_001_280_emean.dat
lately reading sequential formatted external IO
Abort

Bob