Re: [ferret_users] Ferret: accessing external functions

Hi Pascale,
The external functions are included in the "Ferret Executables" tar file, ftp://www.ferret.noaa.gov/pub/linux_rh9/fer_executables.tar.Z, or the equivalent one for linux RedHat 7.

They are installed by the Finstall script, and the environment variable FER_EXTERNAL_FUNCTIONS is described in the installation guide, at http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/Downloads/ferret_installation_and_update_guide_v550.html#Special_Environment_Variables

Please take a look at this and let us know if there still seems to be any problem.

Ansley

Pascale Lelong wrote:
Hello fellow ferreters.

I was trying to access the external function LSL_LOWPASS described in
Appendix A of the User's Guide and realized that none of the functions
described in that appendix are included with the Ferret download (I'm
using V5.81 on a Linux machine). The documentation on external functions
mainly deals with the writing and compiling of new external functions or
with functions such as the fft routines that are already linked but I
can't seem to figure out how to access existing external functions that
aren't included in my ferret package. Can anyone help?

Thanks very much,
Pascale