Re: [ferret_users] question about vector plot

Hi -
What difficulty are you having? If one component is 0, then the vector there will be horizontal or vertical. If both components are 0, Ferret just makes a dot. If one or both components have missing data at some locations, then those locations will have no vector.

yes? use coads_climatology
yes? vector/L=1 uwnd, vwnd

yes? ! make a variable that definitely has some zero values. Where UZERO is 0 the vectors
yes? ! point straight up or down.

yes? let uzero = if uwnd lt 0 then 0 else uwnd
yes? vector/L=1 uzero, vwnd

chengs wrote:
Hi, ferret users

Now I met a problem. Can somebody tell me how to use vector command to plot vector figure when one variable of TAUX/TAUY
or UVEL/VVEL equals 0? For example, TAUX(:,:) have values, but TAUY(,:) = 0. Question is how to plot vector figure using TAUX
and TAUY?

Thanks in advance

Guangshan Chen
Center for Climatic Research