Re: [ferret_users] [FERRET]calculate spatial correlation of 2 variables

Hi Zhen,
The variance script defines a variable (not a function) called CORREL from the input variables that you define. To see the whole script, type

yes? go/help variance

You'll see that at the end, there is a variable called CORREL defined and another called COVAR. So, once you have run the script, you can just say

yes? list correl
yes? list covar

I'll see what we can do to add more information to the documentation to make this clearer.

zhen.li@gsfc.nasa.gov wrote:
Dear Ferret Users:

This question was asked previously in the mail archive, but I didn't find a practical solution
based on the answer.

Someone suggested using the "go variance" to check out the "CORREL" function. So, after I typed
this command, the "go variance" leads to some instructions on this function, but it doesn't show
the usage of CORREL function. I tried to find this information in the user guide, but it's
not there either.

I wonder if anyone knows how to use this function.

Thanks,

Zhen